Episode 103: 3 Tools to Increase a Dancer's Motivation
Do your dancers get lazy sometimes? Do you not know how to motivate athletes as a coach? If your dancers are lacking motivation, there is something you can do about it!
Welcome to Part Three of my Framework Series. In today’s episode, we’ll be focusing on the motivation pillar. We’ll talk about the three ways you can inspire fierce motivation in your female athletes: team culture, rewards and punishments, and goal setting. These are all tactics for motivating athletes to improve their performance. We’ll break down why giving 100 percent 365 days a year is not sustainable, and how to cultivate steady motivation. These three skills we discuss in this episode will help you in motivating lazy athletes when they are having a harder time, because as the coach, there are things in your control that can make a difference in how your dancers show up to classes and practices.
I know these skills are easier said than done, and I want to help you help your dancers learn these skills. If you’d like to learn more about my Mental Skills Workshops, please visit www.chelseapierotti.com/workshop, and you’ll see more information on both in-person and virtual options!
Key Highlights –
- [2m 51s] – The Goal Isn’t 100% Every Day
- [3m 43s] – Steady Motivation
- [4m 53s] – First Skill: Motivation is Rooted in Team Culture
- [7m 05s] – Second Skill: Rewards and Punishments
- [10m 14s] – Third Skill: Setting Clear Goals and Tracking Them
- [12m 12s] – Inspiring Fierce Motivation Summary
The Relevé Dance Coach Membership is there to replenish your personal, mental, and emotional energy and help you create dancers who are mentally tough, resilient, and motivated. Join the Relevé Membership here: www.chelseapierotti.com/membership
Submit a question to be answered on the show: www.speakpipe.com/passionfordance
Join my email list here: www.chelseapierotti.com/email
Be sure to visit me on Instagram @dr.chelsea.pierotti for more mental skills advice for dancers
Word of mouth is still the best way the show can grow! If you have a dance friend out there who you think would benefit, please share this episode with them!
Team Culture Resources:
- Episode 53: Four Stages of a Positive Team Culture – http://www.chelseapierotti.com/53
- Episode 65: Team Building with Champion All-Star Coach, Stephanie Westbrook – http://www.chelseapierotti.com/65
Positive Reinforcement Resources:
- Episode 4: Make Sure Your Punishments Don’t Destroy Your Dancers – http://www.chelseapierotti.com/4
- Episode 23: The Power of Positive Reinforcement – http://www.chelseapierotti.com/23
- Episode 94: Lazy Dancers – http://www.chelseapierotti.com/94
- Episode 21: 7 Proven Steps to Successful Goal-Setting Meeting – http://www.chelseapierotti.com/21
- Episode 81: Celebrating the Small Wins – http://www.chelseapierotti.com/81
The membership for dance coaches on the rise.
I work with dance coaches and teachers who love the sport and are great at what they do… but their dancers can’t take corrections, lack motivation, or have nothing positive to say about anything.
Whether you are looking to reduce frustration at practice, help your dancers score higher at competition, or searching for a shoulder to cry on (I mean, coaching support), I’ll open your eyes to a new way to coach. Relevé Dance Coach Membership is there to replenish your personal mental and emotional energy and help you create dancers who are mentally tough, resilient, and motivated.