Episode 121: 6 Ways to Teach Accountability
In today’s episode, I’ll be tackling one of the biggest issues I hear about all summer: accountability. I hear from teachers and coaches who feel like it’s gotten so much harder to get their dancers to follow through on expectations lately. I hear from dancers whenever we talk about team values, talk about how much they need more accountability, responsibility, and self-discipline on their teams. Having accountability on a team is like collected self-discipline. It’s when everyone is doing their part and holding every other dancer to the same expectation.
If both dancers and teachers want more but it’s not happening, how do you teach accountability? Well, I’ve got you covered! In this episode, we’ll define accountability and discuss six ways you can teach accountability to your dancers to help develop the self-discipline that will in turn lead to teamwork.
Key Highlights –
- [1m 21s] – Accountability Defined
- [2m 26s] – Six Ways to Teach Accountability
- [2m 47s] – One: Establish Team Values and Articulate Behavior Standards
- [3m 45s] – Two: Document Clear, Agreed-Upon Team Goals
- [4m 24s] – Three: Describe Individual Roles & Explain Their Contributions to the Team’s Success
- [5m 37s] – Four: Provide Regular Feedback That’s Contingent, Supportive, Positive, & Corrective
- [6m 37s] – Five: Create Opportunities for Team Members to Share Feedback with Each Other
- [7m 22s] – Six: Encourage Team Members to Hold Each Other to the Stated Standards
- [8m 50s] – Recap
Sign up to my Email List: www.chelseapierotti.com/email
Leave a voice note with any questions or comments for the podcast: www.chelseapierotti.com/message
Take the podcast quiz: www.chelseapierotti.com/podcastquiz
The Relevé Dance Coach Membership is there to replenish your personal, mental, and emotional energy and help you create dancers who are mentally tough, resilient, and motivated. Join the Relevé Membership here: www.chelseapierotti.com/membership
Be sure to visit me on Instagram @dr.chelsea.pierotti for more mental skills advice for dancers
Word of mouth is still the best way the show can grow! If you have a dance friend out there who you think would benefit, please share this episode with them!
Being a dance coach can seem daunting, but it’s easier when you know what to focus on. Take the quiz to pinpoint the areas where you could use a little clarity and leave with a curated podcast list so you know exactly where to focus your valuable time!