The Quick Breath Training Solution to Calm a Dancer's Nerves
Have you ever choked under pressure? Let the nerves get to you and ruin an audition or performance? What about as a director or coach, have you watched one of your dancers get so nervous that they freeze and you get that deer in headlights look? You know what I’m talking about, and it’s devastating. In this episode, I share a very simple one-minute breathing exercise that will help you calm the nerves in order to perform.
Here are some highlights:
- [1m 32s] Why do dancers choke under pressure?
- [4m 06s] The two physiological consequences of relaxation
- [7m 30s] Being able to relax is hard, it takes practice
- [11m 15s] The one minute breath training exercise (download link below!)
- [13m 42s] It’s not a one size fits all, personality differences matter
One key area we talked about is creating your own personal coaching/teaching philosophy. If you’re ready to put in the work and get started, download the free workbook and get started today!
Want to give it a try? Click below to download the Breath Training Cheat Sheet
This episode is brought to you by:
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
Please leave a rating and review on Apple podcasts!
Be sure to snap a screenshot and tag me @dr.chelsea.pierotti as you’re listening this week. Remember to use the hashtag #passionfordancepodcast so I can share it on my stories!