How to Handle Those Big Life Changes as a Leader and Role Model
If you are a dance educator long enough, you will go through some big life changes that will impact your career and your dancers. When you have something big happening in your life like a wedding, a medical issue, the birth of a child, or moving, it usually causes a lot of stress and can be hard to navigate as a leader. When I think about my own big life changes over the last 15 years, I know I would start to just go through the motions, or stress about what it all means for my dancers. But even really positive changes can be difficult to cope with. So in this episode, I share some advice about how to handle big life changes as a leader.
Here are some highlights:
- [2m 30s] Why we don’t like change
- [4m 35s] There’s no right time for a big change
- [6m 01s] Move from thoughts to actions
- [7m 09s] Adjust your own expectations
- [8m 13s] Take time off when you can
- [10m 08s] How to help your athletes through it
- [13m 30s] Address uncertainty
Dance Coach Membership
Relevé: a Community for Coaches on the Rise is open and accepting new members!
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
Please leave a rating and review on Apple podcasts!
Be sure to snap a screenshot and tag me on instagram @dr.chelsea.pierotti as you’re listening this week.