5 Specific Strategies to Boost Your Confidence as a Dancer
How do you become a confident dancer? Are some dancers just born as more confident people while others have to struggle with self-consciousness? The short of it is, yes some people are naturally more confident but no matter what, you can learn to be more confident. There are specific things you can do to train your brain to see the world differently and feel more confident every time you take the stage. But even if you are usually a confident person, I don’t think anyone feels confident 100% of the time. It’s natural for confidence to fluctuate a little and everyone needs a boost now and then. So in this episode I’m going to share 5 specific strategies to boost your confidence as a dancer.
Here are some highlights:
- [3m 37s] We all need a confidence boost sometimes and there are specific strategies to help you do that
- [6m 02s] Ensure a sense of accomplishment
- [9m 50s] Boost confidence by acting and thinking confidently
- [12m 37s] Use imagery to improve memory, skills, and confidence
- [14m52s] Put in the work so you can trust your training
Interested in learning more about building confidence or other mental toughness skills? Click below to check out my virtual workshops customized to you and your dancers.
This episode is brought to you by:
Did you enjoy today’s episode?
Please leave a rating and review on Apple podcasts!
Be sure to snap a screenshot and tag me on instagram @dr.chelsea.pierotti as you’re listening this week.